Troops of the Joint Task Force North West, Operation Fansan Yamma, have rescued 14 kidnapped victims during a counter-terrorism operation in Sabuwa Local Government Area of Katsina State.
The victims, made up of six males and eight females, were rescued on Tuesday, August 18, 2026, after troops received intelligence about terrorists moving with kidnapped persons around Madaci Forest.
The Joint Task Force’s Media Information Officer, Lt. Col. Aliyu Danja, said the troops quickly mobilised to the area and engaged the terrorists. The attackers reportedly abandoned the victims and fled into the surrounding bushes.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the victims had been kidnapped from different locations within the Dandume, Bakori and Funtua areas of Katsina State.
The rescued victims were subsequently handed over to the appropriate authorities for further assistance and reunification with their families.
The military said the operation demonstrated its determination to protect civilians and maintain pressure on terrorist groups operating across the North-West.
The Joint Task Force also urged members of the public to continue providing credible and timely information to security agencies to support ongoing counter-terrorism operations.

0 Comment about the Post: