Monday, August 17, 2026

Tupac Shakur’s Accused Killer Allegedly Sought Revenge, Prosecutors Tell Court

Tupac Shakur’s Accused Killer Allegedly Sought Revenge, Prosecutors Tell Court

Tupac Shakur’s accused killer, Duane “Keffe D” Davis, allegedly ordered the rapper’s murder as an act of revenge, prosecutors told a Las Vegas court.

Prosecutors said Davis wanted revenge after his nephew, Orlando Anderson, was beaten by Shakur and others earlier on the night of the 1996 shooting.

According to the prosecution, Davis did not pull the trigger but handed a gun to someone in the back seat of a white Cadillac and ordered the person to shoot Shakur.

Shakur was fatally wounded in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas on September 7, 1996. He was only 25 years old.

Davis, 63, has denied the charges and pleaded not guilty. Prosecutors, however, said he had repeatedly discussed his alleged involvement in interviews and in his 2019 memoir.

If convicted, Davis could face life imprisonment without parole.

The trial, which began nearly 30 years after Shakur’s death, is expected to last more than a month and is one of the most closely watched murder cases in American music history.

0 Comment about the Post: