A Palestinian American has returned to his home in the occupied West Bank to stand with relatives defending the property after Israeli settlers surrounded several Palestinian houses in the village of Qusra for more than a week.
Loui Ridi, an Ohio-based homeowner, traveled to the area on Monday after monitoring the situation through security cameras from the United States. He said he could no longer remain at home while watching settlers surround his property.
The standoff has prevented some Palestinian residents from leaving their homes. The United States has condemned the siege, while the Israeli military says it has deployed troops to maintain order.
The incident comes amid escalating violence in the West Bank. Palestinian officials say 87 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli soldiers and settlers so far this year, while three Israelis have been killed in related violence.
Ridi said video recorded by his brother showed settlers near Qusra, some driving all-terrain vehicles and speaking with Israeli soldiers.
“I can’t let the settlers steal my house while I was watching,” Ridi said after arriving at Israel’s main international airport.
The situation has drawn renewed international attention to violence involving Israeli settlers and Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.

0 Comment about the Post: