US President Donald Trump reportedly made a secret aircraft switch in Türkiye last month following an alleged assassination threat linked to Iran, according to reports by The Washington Post and The New York Times.
Trump had publicly indicated that he would leave the NATO summit in Ankara on July 8 aboard an older Boeing 747, which had been used as a version of Air Force One. However, reports say the aircraft was used as a decoy while Trump was secretly transported to a smaller C-32A military aircraft.
According to the reports, Trump was moved inside a catering container before being taken to the C-32A, which flew him to the United Kingdom. The operation was reportedly carried out without the knowledge of journalists travelling with the president and some White House staff.
The reported security operation was triggered by what a US official described as a credible Iran-related threat against Trump.
Journalists who believed they were travelling with Trump on the older Air Force One were reportedly instructed to keep the window shades in the press cabin closed, adding to concerns that the aircraft was being used as a decoy.
Trump later appeared in the UK and was seen leaving the older Air Force One, although reports said it remained unclear exactly how he transferred from the C-32A to the aircraft.
The incident comes amid heightened tensions between the United States and Iran and growing concerns over threats against senior US officials.
White House Communications Director Steve Cheung defended the security measures, saying the US uses “every tool” available to protect the president and his staff.
He also said the new Air Force One, which was gifted to the United States by Qatar, has advanced security systems designed to protect the president.

0 Comment about the Post: